Thursday, July 25, 2013

Guten Morgen!

My husband and I have made it to Germany! We started off the vacation in Fussen, a small town on the southern border of Germany, 5km north of Austria. What a beautiful place to see. We had great weather, great food and met some really nice people. Both of us signed up for a race while we were here and we visited the castles. I cannot wait to come back next year!

                                      

Hotel Sonne, sort of in the center of the picture with the sharp pitched roof. Excellent hotel, excellent location and great staff. 



Downtown Fussen. Very charming!


I was on my tip toes trying to get a good shot of what was behind the wall....see picture below.



More of downtown Fussen.



Hohenschwangau Castle


Hohenschwangau Castle


Hohenschwangau Castle


Beautiful views by the castles.



Neuschwanstein Castle in the distance. Wish it were clearer!


Neuschwanstein Castle


Neuschwanstein Castle


Neuschwanstein Castle


Alphorns by the castles.


Downtown Fussen.




That is me crossing the finish line for my 10km. Terrible race time but I am still very happy I did it. 


Great place to go for a run!


Here is part of the marathon route for my hubby. Uphill....ugh.


Just about to cross the finish line!


With our race medals! 


Auf Wiedersehen Fussen! 

We are off to spend time in Munchen. Happy Friday everyone!





2 comments: