Thursday, September 12, 2013

I've got wheels!!!

My birthday is Saturday and my wonderful hubby gave me my present a little early. I have a new bicycle and I love it!!! I haven't ridden a bike in maybe 15 years. Everyone rides bikes here, it is a very popular mode of transportation and recreation. Since we live so close to Gardens by the Bay, I thought it would be fun to ride my bike over, put my camera bag in my basket and have a fun time, and I was right! It is soooo fun. This morning I ran 6.5km at the gym and then I jumped on my bike for my first ride. Here are some pictures, enjoy!


Look at that gorgeous bike! It has one speed, mud guards, a basket, a bell, headlight and taillight, handle bar breaks and a small rack on the back for extra stuff. This picture was taken at the Marina Barrage, top level. Great skyline pictures to be had there. I was pretty worn out by the time I got here and I had to push my bike up the ramp. Totally worth it, great picture. In the skyline you can see from left the tall blue buildings are Asia Square and the Marina Bay Financial Center, which is right in front of our condo, then the Marina Bay Sands is the three towers with a platform on top. You can see the Super Trees and Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay. Feeling very lucky to have so much space to ride my bike so close to home without having to ride on streets or through traffic. That makes it much more relaxing and fun. If I had to ride on the street I don't think I would like it as much. 


Here is a view of the Marina Barrage from the bottom looking up. The first picture was taken from the top. See what I mean about being tired after pushing my bike up the ramp? When Geoff and I go for a run we usually run up the barrage ramp, good hill workout!


Nice long stretch of sidewalk with no people to crash into, love it here before 11am. Once lunch hour hits it is much busier by the mall. I am not so steady on my bike just yet and I am sure I frighten pedestrians if they see me coming. I am steering all over the place and sort of giggling because it is just so fun, must look like a crazy lady!


Kids often play in the water fountains here and I have to admit I really wanted to ride my bike through but I didn't. It would have felt sooooooooo good!


Not many pictures this week but I will try to make up for it next week. The Mid Autumn Festival is coming up and lanterns are going up all over town. Hopefully I can get some good pictures. The rain has been pretty heavy this week, hard to get out with out getting soaked.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Katherine, I am really enjoying your photos. The bicycle really made me smile....sounds like the perfect bike, complete will bell!

    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete