Sunday, December 14, 2014

Rambutans

Oops! I totally forgot about Photo Friday this week. My daughter arrived late Thursday night and I think that was the only thing on my mind. Even though she is 22 I still worry about her traveling alone. She arrived safe and sound and we have been having fun together. We went to the fruit market at Tanjong Pagar and bought some Rambutans. I've not tried them before because they look a little scary!
They are about golf ball sized and sort of hairy, and part of the name in Malay means hair. They have a nick name, Hairy Cherry. 
Cut a small notch to make it easier to pull off the skin and get to the flesh. 
And be careful of the pit inside. Very tasty fruit, like a cross between a grape and a coconut. Similar to a lychee. Good stuff!!! I suppose you can't judge a fruit by it's ugly hairy skin :)

Happy Friday (or Sunday)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment