Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Walk Around Bedok Resevoir

This week we went for a walk around Bedok Reservoir. Seems like a very nice place to be, tree lined, plenty of lights for evening strolls. It was pretty quiet when we were there mostly because it was during the week and during the middle of the day. I'm sure it gets much busier on the weekends. 

We had to take a train to a bus to get to the Reservoir but once the construction on the new MRT line is completed it will be much easier to reach.

A few photos of the construction site from the pedestrian overpass walkway. 


Construction is one thing you cannot really get away from in Singapore. Shopping, eating and construction 24/7.

These cranes perched on the platform looks wild. I was wishing there were people in the photo to give it scale, but there are people in the photo. Hard to see them but they are in the bottom right with yellow hard hats on.

Here is where we started at the reservoir.

Plenty of shade here. 

One person was brave enough to run in the midday sun. 

I love the trees in Singapore. They are soooooo gorgeous!

Beautiful!

Beautiful!

Maybe I'm obsessed with trees?

These polls, I am pretty sure, are for bird owners to bring their birds in their cages and hang them for fresh air and to listen to the beautiful bird songs. No birds today I think I'd have to be here much earlier for that.

We passed a few bird shops on our way home. 

Good looking guys.

$150.00 each! 

Pretty but I prefer a cat. :)

Happy Friday!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment