Friday, September 22, 2017

Redwood City, CA



We moved! We are back in sunny California and so so happy to be here. This move has me thinking maybe I'll give the blog another try. 

Redwood City has the most beautiful redwood trees all around the area. The famous giant sequoia trees are redwoods. Really hope we fit in a trip to Sequoia National Park while we are here. This photo was taken in downtown Redwood City, the building behind the tree is City Hall on the corner of Middlefield and Jefferson St.

Our apartment has an 8th floor roof top terrace. I forgot how windy it gets in the bay area. 

Another view from the 8th floor terrace. In a few weeks we will move to Bair Island, just a mile down the road and right next door to a nature preserve. Should have lots of egret photos in the near future :)

See the black and white box on the corner, six wheels and a flag? This is a robot making a delivery in downtown. I was so excited to see this robot I had to get a photo. A perk of living in Silicon Valley!

The next few photos are from 99 Ranch Market in Foster City, CA. When I'm missing Singapore, this is one place I'll visit.
Crackers and snacks, all looking familiar to me.

Fresh durian, yuck!

Fresh lotus root. Also not a fan but its nice to see it. 

Joss sticks, red packets, paper money and other items for Hungry Ghost and other celebrations. 

Kopi and Teh, no kopi o kosong however. Bummer.

Chili crab ramen. This exact brand and flavor is for sale at Fair Price Finest in Tanjong Pagar, my favorite grocery store in Singapore. 

This photo was also taken at 99 Ranch Market in Foster City, CA. I can't believe this was here the whole time and I never saw it before.  Roast chicken anyone?

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment