Thursday, May 16, 2013

The wrong side of the river...

The Singapore DBS Marina Regatta 2013 is this weekend and next with Dragon Boat races May 18 and 19 and a Bay Festival May 24 and 25 with dragon boating, kayaking and live bands. I am hoping to get over there to take some pictures this weekend, wouldn't that be cool? According to dbsmarinaregatta.com there are over 120 international and local dragon boat teams racing. I was hoping to catch some of them practising today but it did rain pretty much all night last night and the river is full of muck, there were a lot of branches down, not many teams practising. Of course it doesn't help that I probably went to the wrong-ish place to look for teams. I was at the Kallang River but I took the train to the Kallang exit. Sounds good, right? Well I think I should have gone to the Stadium exit, I think that would have put me on the other side. There was a lot of construction at Kallang and it was hard to figure out where to go. As I was wandering around trying to figure out why I wasn't where I thought I was going to be I did manage to take a few decent pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

Started out at Marina Bay, close to home.


You can see the dragon heads and the drums in the boats. 


Then after taking a few pictures of Marina Bay I decided to go to the river and I got lost, but it is pretty there. I think I needed to be on the other side of the river. 

I love egrets!


Is this a stork?


Across the river one team is getting ready for practise.




They kick up a lot of water when they paddle...


That is really all the action I could find. Leaving the park this pretty yellow bird was flying around and then went up into the tree and started singing. So nice of him to pose for a few shots!





Happy Friday everyone, enjoy your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment