Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sights to be seen.

Here are a few things that you see on a daily basis in Singapore that is a bit off the touristy path. Sort of a behind the scenes but sometimes they are hard to not see anywhere you are. I love them all because this is what makes Singapore so unique.


Cannot go anywhere without seeing cranes. There is so much construction here. I read a book by Lee Jing-Jing titled, "If I could Tell You", I recommend it, great book! When I see these cranes I think about that book. It is about how Singapore's landscape is changing so quickly people feel as if they do not recognize their own hometown. 


A new neighborhood coming along in Punggol.


I like to look at the alleys. The next few shots are alley pics. 



You can even see cranes in the background of the pic below :)


Alley art?


Nice row of shop houses on one of the oldest streets in Chinatown.


Beautiful 5 foot way. Some of the older streets have shop houses with these 5 foot ways to provide a shaded walkway. The first floor is usually a shop or restaurant and the second and third floors can be either shops or homes. 





I love seeing the laundry hanging from the apartments. Most people here do not use a dryer, they just hang their laundry. I wonder how often they loose things?






I know I put up a lot of nature pics but I love that Singapore is known as a garden city. It is very green and pretty, parks are never too far away and there are so many it is easy to escape the city and find a peaceful place to be.



Dragonfly on a lotus flower.


The very small cranes in the background are an oil refinery??? maybe??? I took the pics for the pretty clouds. I was about a minute away from heat stroke and was VERY happy to see clouds coming in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment