Thursday, April 24, 2014

1 Year Later

This is my 53rd blog post and 1st post of year 2. Can't believe its been a year already. I am planning on looking back at all of my posts and checking to see if I have everything of Singapore I would want to see years down the road. Did I get photos of the wet markets, neighbourhoods, shop houses, temples, food and hawkers, sports and landscapes? Anything that makes Singapore unique like the interesting architecture and festivals and people. I have some places that I think I've covered and some places that I am really looking forward to. Until then I thought it would be fun to post some photos I took last week at a Catholic church service for Good Friday and also Tulipmania has returned so I have a few tulip shots. Enjoy!

We arrived late for our shoot, the service was half way through. The church has a special service every year that usually starts after sunset, this year just before. The entire congregation walks around the church with candles behind a casket (casket for Jesus) and sings hymns. 

The church was so crowded people were standing in the streets and across the streets at the restaurants holding candles and singing the hymns.

We were on the 4th floor of a building that had an open car park so we could get some good overhead shots.

Then we moved into the crowd to get better shots of the congregation with candle light.

I loved this shot of the church. 

Love how the candle light glows on their faces.


Cute kids.

His family was watching to make sure he was ok. 

And now for Tulipmania! Walked to the gardens and took this shot of the Marina Bay Sands and the Super Trees. Looks nice with the greens and sky blues.

Over view of the inside of the flower dome.

Love :)

The dome has retractable roof shades so there was an issue with shadows since only some of them were closed.



Love these colors! The yellow and red striped wide open tulips with the small blue flowers in the background.

Love this one too. I'm a sucker for flowers.


Happy Friday!!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment