Thursday, May 1, 2014

Photographs of India

After spending some time this week organizing my photos I thought it would be nice to post some that I haven't shared yet. (aka: I was playing with my new pasta machine and didn't have time to shoot anything new.) We made a trip to India in December of 2012 and I picked a few of my favorites to post. This trip was amazing to experience.

Kolkata street intersection. Glad we had a driver.

Sort of the same at most intersections. Very crowded. Our guide said, "might is right". Meaning the biggest vehicle ruled the road. Many times we would see the small tuk tuks crammed full of people. These look pretty empty, comparatively.

Bus stuck in traffic. Like the colors and the men sitting on the bus.

Houseboats in Kolkata. Our guide told us that people live on these boats, some even have small families. There is a community kitchen and bathroom on the shore of the river for their use.

Along the river by the houseboats is a walking path and vendors selling snacks. They cook to order.

The bride groom would ride this horse to his wedding. This was just outside of a temple. 

We got to tour Mother Teresa's building. Not allowed to take photos in certain areas as it is still in use. It was amazing to see.
  
Entrance to another temple in Kolkata.

A shopping street in Bangalore. 

Scary monkey at Nandi Hills park near Bangalore. Actually all the monkeys kept to themselves as far as I saw, but I am really scared of them!!!

More monkeys...

Next week I have a tour of three temples lined up for Vesak Day celebrations and a trip to the Changi War Memorial. Should have some interesting new photos. Besides, the pasta machine is fun but it is a LOT of clean up! What a mess.

Happy Friday!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment