Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fruit Salad

I had a great week but I didn't take a single photo so ..... what do you do when you wake up on Friday morning and you have a blog called KK's Photo Friday and you have nothing to post? If you are as lucky as I am to have such a smart husband then its easy, you just take his advice. I went out and took some photos of all of the interesting fruit we have in Singapore. Some things I still don't know what they are and some things I had to google to find out what it is and how to eat it. I google quite a bit when I go shopping, always something new and interesting out there!

I went to the Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market to take some photos. They have the best fresh fruits and its close to home. I walk over her all the time to go to the grocery store. Sometimes I come here and get special goodies for the weekend.

I see these and I'm thinking brown bananas that aren't old, just a dark color. After googling them I discover they might be red bananas. Similar to a regular banana but with a slight raspberry flavor. I'll have to try these sometime. 

Dragon Fruit. They have white flesh with little black edible seeds the size of sesame seeds.

Here we have dragon fruit, mango and a cherimoya or custard apple. 

Jack fruit, giant fruit sort of tastes like a pineapple - mango mix, but more tart and creamier somehow.

Papaya

Star fruit. These are not super sweet and are really pretty in a fruit salad or as garnish on a cosmo :)

Canned fruits at the grocery store. I have Palm fruit, Sea Coconut, Aloe Vera, Loquats and Lychees. 

Australian Rock Melons, or Cantalope as I know it. Familiarity is nice sometimes :)

The package says Sweet Prune Powder. You are supposed to dip your cut fruit into the powder. I guess I'll try it.

Looks good, smells good, I like sweet things...

GROSS! NOT SWEET! SALTY! I'll eat the rest of my fruit without the Prune Powder.

And here is my beautiful fruit salad. I have to admit though that I didn't make this salad myself ;) I actually bought it from a fruit stand and brought it home. Much easier to carry this than all of the fruit I'd have to buy to make this!! $4, includes fresh figs, watermelon, rock melon, honeydew, pineapple, jackfruit, kiwi, apple, guava, dragonfruit, grapes, papaya and apple. This was a great idea, thanks Geoff!

Happy Friday!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment