Thursday, November 27, 2014

Penang, Malaysia (part 2)

Here are the rest of the photos from Penang, Malaysia. We had a great weekend there!

Busy streets. It wasn't an easy walking town, sort of had some places where there wasn't much of a sidewalk or even shoulder of the road to walk on. We did what we saw everyone else do and just walk as close to the side of the street as possible. Sort of had to pay attention all the time where you were walking because there are open drainage ditches at times between the street and the buildings.

Red Penang Culture House. It was on the edge of Chinatown. Wonder if the building is still in use? It was closed while we were there.

I kept stopping at the corners of the streets to take photos. I love the old buildings, they are so interesting to me. I hope they never change them.

You know you've found Little India when you see cows in the alley. Why are they there are why are his horns painted red and green?

Came across a group of men trying to move this large heavy....whatchamacallit. 

Stopping to discuss the best way to move the heavy whatchamacallit into the storage space.

A very loud animated discussion on how to move the thingy.

Walking on....too bad the Dragon Ball Biscuit shop is closed. I bet they are spicy :)

Passed this temple. Hard to shoot with such contrasting bright light and shadows. I need to learn how to best handle this type of photo. I think mostly I have read that its best to come back at a later time of day. Sometimes it just isn't possible to do that. I bet there is a way to edit in photoshop to brighten the shadows.

This is the alley right next to the temple. I love it! Great neighbors.

Beautiful mosque.

Scooter riding on the sidewalk. 

This is another of my absolute favorite photos. This alley has so much character and color and texture. Love it.

Just a random street but it sort of shows the walking issues I tried to explain earlier. Motorcycles and scooters park on the sidewalk and the ramps in front are over the drainage ditches that are sometimes just open and ready for you to fall into. Didn't seem to be a problem to walk in the street, everyone was doing it but it is something that I am not used to so it was a little strange to me. Not a big deal and it was so fun walking around exploring the island.

Another beautiful street. Wouldn't it have been so cool to see a row of old cars or bicycles lined up here instead of new cars? 

This was the view from our hotel, I could look out the window all day.

This was right across the street from our hotel.

More street art. 

Some refurbished shophouses.

Bikes and trucks and walkers in the street.

Another gorgeous temple, there are no shortage of interesting temples in South East Asia.

This is another of my absolute absolute favorite photos. I think I will print this, where to hang it?

Older buildings and....

Newer buildings. Our hotel was right next door to this mall. Its always nice to have an air conditioned mall to spend a few hours in :)

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment