Thursday, November 6, 2014

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

I could seriously take photos of flowers every day and never get tired of them. Lately our air quality in Singapore has not been so great making it hard to get out and take photos. It seems like we have been getting a break almost every day with a few hours of clean air so I run out then. Wish I new in advance when that clean air was coming! Monsoon season has started and that should bring an end to the haze. Its such a nice city and a nice place to live except for those 3 H's, haze, humidity and heat! None of that exists in the Flower Dome. It is cool enough to make you wish you had brought a light sweater. The air is crisp and clean and the flowers are gorgeous! Hope you enjoy these photos.


Just outside the dome. This is a nice stretch of park area with no cars nearby making it the perfect spot for biking, running and a nice walk. 

Inside the Flower Dome, when you enter you are on the upper level and the dome itself is so interesting. Loving the lines and the shadows. 

Nice class photo! Seems like every time I go there is a group of kids visiting. They are so cute!

Quite a few people were standing here, all looking at this one spot. Must really like the art sculpture in the planter. Hope I didn't miss anything...

Hard to find a good selfie angle!

Its a huge space inside the dome. 

Elephants for the Deepavali decorations. The elephant is a symbol for power, dignity, intelligence and peace.

Can't help myself. I have to include just a few flower photos. This one is sooo pretty! 

     
 This is probably the coolest flower I have ever seen, the Passion Fruit flowering vine.

Stems from the bottom left moving diagonally to the flower heads in the top right with a blurred background. Maybe I should photoshop out the flower with only two petals? Its mucking up my shot! I am really not good enough at editing to do it. If it were my garden I could just snip it :)

I love a yellow daisy - sunflowery flower :)

I wanted the greenery to be blurred but I was too close to the subject. Kind of glad it was all in focus, sort of like it.

Orchid I think? Beautiful for sure!

Happy Friday!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment