Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy Deepavali!

It is time to celebrate Deepavali in Singapore. This is a Hindu holiday to celebrate the victory of light over darkness. Gardens by the Bay held a few performances for the holiday and I went to take some photos. Enjoy!

The NUS Harmonica Orchestra. 


A meadow for a picnic. Can't really see the stage from here but you can hear the music. 

Dancers and a new band (seated on stage to the left). 


Hard to shoot this. It was getting dark, started just before sunset. I had to move around a crowd so no tripod and the dancers are dancing - moving - so I had to adjust the shutter speed and ISO. I thought I did a really good job but then I saw some photos a friend of mine took of the same performance. I will keep practising! Mine are not bad but she is a professional and hers are excellent!

The facial expressions are part of the dance.

Love her jewelry!

Notice the hands, very pretty.



Liked the photographer peeking out from behind the dancer :)

Better shot of the band.

Happy Friday!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment