Friday, June 26, 2015

Loving the Local Library

Last week I applied for and received my Singapore Library card. I love a good book, perfect for hot days to stay in and enjoy the aircon! 

The bus was almost empty, only two other riders this morning.

You can see the city view that I see from home through the window.

This is a soda machine parked in front of an old, pretty church. I have walked past it many times in the past few years and I always think it looks so out of place. 

Sidetracked by flowers on the way...

Someone else sidetracked by a smoke break in the shade.

Here it is, the Singapore National Library. No photos are allowed inside the building without written permission so my photos are all outside and whatever I find along the way. 

Another view...

Bike parking. I am way too nervous just riding my bike in the park thinking I'm going to accidentally run over some little kid, there is no way I could ride my bike on the busy city streets to the library. I do need to come up with a solution for carrying home heavy books. I can check out up to 20 books at a time but I have no way to get them home. 

Not enough bike parking I guess.

I think my soda machine was at one of those buildings across the street.

Part of my haul from this trip. 

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment