Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Walk to the Grocery Store

Friday snuck up on me again. I have been thinking though, what will I miss when I move back to the USA? One thing I do often is walk to the grocery store. Except for the weather always being a downer I do love walking to the store. There is always something to see, new buildings under construction, light filtering through trees and buildings creating very pretty light beams. I couldn't bring my Nikon with me, too heavy so I used my iphone. Hope the photos aren't terrible.

This is right outside our condo, these are the front doors. I always think I should take the back service elevator when I get back because I am sooooo sweaty its embarrassing to walk in the front. 

Some renovations next door to our place, this used to be super crowded with a few different open air restaurants. 

Shady area. There is a giant jewelry store inside and this sidewalk gets packed with bus loads of tourists buying jewels. I don't think its open to the public though, seems like I only see tour buses here. 

Here are the new condos going up at 5 Shenton just down the street from our condo at 1 Shenton. Tons of construction all around us but it is surprisingly quiet inside our place.

The gardens in front of the Singapore Chinese Orchestra. 

At the end of the street. I love how the sunbeams are shining between the buildings. It makes the photo so pretty. I'd also appreciate some giant clouds and a cool breeze...

Two people melting on the corner waiting for the walk signal. Look at all those cranes in the background. Our area of Marina Bay is really growing.

Looking down Robinson Rd.

Here at this corner I almost always see an older man cleaning and pushing his cleaning cart. Today he wasn't here unfortunately so I didn't get his photo. He always smiles and says hello, I think in French. I wonder if he speaks French, maybe he thinks I look French? Maybe I just have terrible hearing and it is perfect English, could be. 

This is my favorite tree on this walk.

This is the longest light to wait for.

Busy bus stop.

This is the prettiest corner, the buildings are cool looking and its nice and shady.

Egg delivery :)

I always cut through this building for an aircon break. It's the dining and retail first floor of The Icon condos.

And here it is, the Amara Hotel with 4 or 5 floors of retail and my favorite grocery store, Fair Price Finest.

Here is the inside of the Amara Hotel retail section. Fair Price is in the basement. The ceiling is cool!

Here is part of my haul today. Making a new recipe for dinner tonight, thai glass noodle salad with chicken and vegies. Fingers crossed its good. 

Happy Friday!!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment