Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Golden Crane at Parkview Square and The Sultan Mosque

One of my favorite buildings in Singapore is Parkview Square. Its art deco style and beautiful golden crane statue in the courtyard makes it stand out from the others. Last week when I was photographing the library people would come up to me and tell me that Parkveiw Square is where I should be taking photos. I did want to get a better shot of that gold crane...

I think this is my favorite pose.

This one isn't bad either with the building and both wings. 

With palm trees and a blue sky. Not crazy about that crane in the background though.

Front view

Side view

Color or...

black and white?

With stairs...

without stairs?
The gold crane is meant to be a physical representation of the artists homesickness and is facing the direction of mainland China. I am not trying to say anything about my own homesickness by posting nine photos of this crane. Nope. Not me. Maybe.  

Close by is the Sultan Mosque. It is currently Ramadan and the mosque is still under renovations so for now just a few photos of this beautiful place. Hopefully I will get more once the scaffolds are down.
The front facade is looking beautiful. They've done an excellent job so far. You can see on the left there is still work being done.

The tents in front are mostly cooked food stalls, snacks and treats for Iftar. I don't think they are here all year long, this is special for Ramadan.

Pretty shot of the mosque from the back. Is that the same crescent moon and star that is on top of the dome in front of the mosque? I think that is the only one. The windows are looking so pretty with a fresh coat of paint. 

Happy Friday!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment