Friday, July 24, 2015

5 Days Down Under

Hello! Here are the rest of our photos from Perth, Western Australia. It was a great trip, we love it there in the winter. Maybe one of these days we might go in the summer.....maybe not.  I have come to appreciate winter weather so much more since we moved to Singapore. 

A little cityscape to start out. We stayed in the central business district mainly because of its close proximity to the Swan River and miles and miles of scenic parks and trails for running and birdwatching.

These gorgeous parrots fly all over the area. There are so many of them!

Two more sitting at the top of this tree.

This guy is grayish-white with a pink tummy and head and a super stylish white mohawk. Very fancy bird. Doesn't he know I do not have my zoom lens? Wish he would just get a bit closer.

Downtown shopping area. Just past the cars the street is for pedestrians only. We took the bus here a few times during our stay. 

I couldn't get enough of these trees. They look so interesting and the bark is so soft, almost like tissue paper. So many layers. 

I suppose the most exciting thing that we saw there was the kangaroo's. I did not expect to see them since we didn't go to a zoo or a wildlife park. We went for a run one morning and thought we would try a new route and stumbled upon a gate with signs asking people to please not feed them or leave the gate open.



Sort of really scared me. But we went in. 

Didn't see anything at first and it started to drizzle very lightly.

Then I see them from here and say, "OK, lets go now, we've seen them". Can't you see them perfectly? Good enough right? No? ugh

There are two kangaroo's in the photo. No one else was at the park at the time. I thought that was bad because there would be no one to help if they decided to attack us but maybe it was a good thing because no one saw how scared I was. Some of my photos I couldn't post due to shaking hands!

He seems ok. Just munching on leaves. I think they were smaller, maybe not full grown kangaroos.  

I like this one the best, he isn't even paying attention. 

On our way out we passed a few ducks and an Australian White Ibis. 

I think that is our hotel in the background.

Ending it with a bit of a rainbow over the kangaroo park on Heirrison Island. I really love this photo. Looking back it was a great day walking around taking photos. Definitely a must see if you are in Perth. 

Happy Friday!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment