Thursday, July 9, 2015

Telok Ayer and Chinatown

This week I took a walk around two of my favorite places in Singapore, Telok Ayer and Chinatown. They are both pretty close to home and easy to get to with plenty to photograph. Must have been super hungry when I was out as most of these photos are restaurants. :)

This is my favorite restaurant, Urban Bites serving mediterranean food. I love hummus and a shawarma and they are correct, good coffee and baklava does equal perfection!

Coffee house in an old shop house. This street is all old shop houses mostly restored and about half are restaurants / coffee shops.

This place just opened last week. We got very lucky and snagged a table on Saturday, pretty good food :)

This is one of my favorite temples. I like to go inside and look at the bats hanging from the ceiling sleeping. If they weren't sleeping I wouldn't like to go inside and check them out. 

Same temple as above, Thian Hock Keng. I like that when you walk in, just behind these doors there is a giant pepsi machine. Totally unexpected.

A hawker stall at Amoy Street Food Center. It was early, about 11am so it was sort of quiet. By noon this hawker center will be crazy crowded.

11am and the only queue at Amoy St. Our favorite stall here is this one serving sliced fish soup! YUMMO! 

It's hard to stick to a diet in Singapore. There are endless opportunities to eat delicious food wherever you are. I took the photo and almost ran away from this stall to stop myself from attacking the brownies. 

Another hawker stall at Amoy St. I'd guess there are about 50 different stalls at this hawker center. 

Chinatown dragon puppet thingys. 

Chinatown Food Street. Newly remodeled and covered for shade and shelter from rain. This street gets pretty busy at times. I was surprised it wasn't busy when I was there. See a lady with a cart? That is exactly the same kind of cart I take to the grocery store when I have a lot to buy. 

Happy Friday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment