Thursday, November 21, 2013

Street Photography

I almost named this blog post The Best of the Worst. That is how I felt when I was trying to pick photos to post. Street photography, for me, is so difficult. The definition of street photography, from the Google plus page: "Street photography captures people and places within the public domain. More specifically, street photography is defined as “un-posed, un-staged photography which captures, explores or questions contemporary society and the relationships between individuals and their surroundings.”
 I have the hardest time getting a single good photo after a few days of shooting at multiple locations. When I am out shooting flowers it is so easy and I get a few hundred photos to look through after a couple of hours. I think that is because the main subject or focus is clear to me, its flowers. When I am out doing street photography the main subject could be anything. Too many choices! Google plus has a wonderful world wide street photography community, I could spend hours looking through the photos posted. Here is my first attempt at it. Not great by any means! No contests will be won today...


Shopping on Orchard Road. Before I set out I read a few blogs on street photography and one of the tips was to go to a place that is busy and had a wide walkway. Orchard Rd seemed perfect, tons of shopping, tons of people, nice wide walkways. There are plenty of benches in the shade so I could take my time and wait for the perfect shot. I never did see it...


He is sitting on the edge of a water feature, don't slide back!


Same water feature close up.


Raffles Place, near Chevron House. This area gets busy during the day. There are offices and shops/restaurants here. 


That is one of the many entrances to the Raffles Place MRT in the background, same area as in the photo above.


Waiting for the light...


Another light...


Waiting for a bus..


Kitty!!!! He didn't really want his picture taken. But I think he is the best photo out of the whole group. 


The tall building is the Swissotel. Geoff and I are going to walk up all 73 flights of stairs on Sunday for the Vertical Marathon. Actually I am walking up and Geoff is racing up, he is so strong! Fingers crossed I make it up to the top. 

Bought a photography book called, Shooting with Soul by Alessandra Cave. Looks like a great book wit 44 photography exercises. Looking forward to getting into it and having better blog posts. 

Happy Friday!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment