Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Glimpse of Me...

I am not the most creative person and I do not always have great ideas of what to post on my blog. I want to continue learning photography so I have to keep shooting. Lately it seems like I have no idea what to shoot. I can't keep walking around town, fingers crossed, hoping to get a few good shots of anything. I am a planner. I plan my meals for the week and write out grocery lists. I schedule days to work out, etc. So having nothing to post until Thursday has been giving me some anxiety! Super happy I found a great photography focused bookshop and bought a great book with 44 different exercises. Lets hope this allows me to feel a bit more organized. The first exercise is titled, "Glimpses of You". Oh boy, off to a bad start. I hate having my picture taken that is why I am behind the camera! After I read through the exercise plan I realized its only a glimpse and not a full self portrait. I think I can handle this...


Reading a book outside by the pool on one of the super comfy loungers. I didn't like this photo so I have it on its side to try to make it more interesting. Makes me look slimmer, too! I think the worst part of this is that I have to use my tripod and set the timer on my camera then run into place. Its super hot outside and I had to do this about a dozen times to get it right so I was sweating by the time I had it. 


The only good shot of me at the pool :) Immediately cooled down again after running around for the previous photo. A remote control is on my "to buy" list so I don't have to set the timer and run into place. Instead with a remote I can shoot whenever I am ready. 


My reflection in the windows on our balcony. Took longer than I thought to get this to turn out. Had to switch to manual mode focus because the camera wants everything but my reflection to be in focus. I have had the same issue with water reflections and manual mode focus is so far the only way I can get what I want out of the shot.


Lounging, yet again, on the couch waiting for Geoff to come home. I really don't sit around this much I swear!


I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I don't like to go out to eat everyday so I do most of the cooking at home. Unfortunately in Singapore most kitchens do not come with dishwashers. When we first moved here and were looking for our condo we were told most dishwashers in Singapore have two arms and two legs. Ugh. But it is worth it to eat super healthy meals at home. There is nothing flattering about standing at the sink washing dishes and the exercise guidelines are to photograph part of the daily routine to show who I am. Out of focus is my way of being creative and giving the photo some interest. 


I am holding a small mirror and shooting into the mirror while facing a framed piece of art that I love and you can see my reflection in that as well. Sort of cool. 


I do love flowers. I had some printed on a sort of foam board and I put them up on the wall in the guest room. Love it, need to print a few dozen more to cover the wall. I tried to use the fresh flower to take a photo of me holding the flower up to cover part of my face but it didn't work. I tried about 50 different shots, different angles, different backgrounds, it just didn't work for me. This came out nice and it is a glimpse!

I have a Butterball turkey breast in the oven and when Geoff gets home from work we will have a nice Thanksgiving dinner, just the two of us. No shopping for Black Friday this year instead we are signing up for another half marathon in May 2014. Normally we don't sign up so early but they are giving out free singlets for early bird registration. WOOT WOOT!

Happy Friday!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment