Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bookworm

I love to read books! Since we moved to Singapore one of my new favorite genres is historic fiction based in Singapore or anywhere in Asia. This way I can learn a bit about the history of the area and the people. There are plenty of fancy bookstores in town and there are giant libraries but what I really like to do is visit one of the many used bookstores in town. There is something about second hand books that take on a life of their own. Who read them first, was it a favorite, why are they back in the bookstore, maybe no more room in their former homes? Sad little orphaned books...I could spend hours shopping for books to bring home. Here are a few shots, I hope you enjoy them.




Still trying to get through Cutting for Stone. It is really good, I have just been super busy lately.





This is a page from a book titled, "The Purple Line". Bought this book at an airport in Bangalore, India. Excellent book, not too big, very interesting and a quick read. I will always shop for books in airports while in other countries. It is fun to read books by authors local to the area we are visiting.



Now this is a window seat! 35 stories up, great view of downtown Singapore. I spend a lot of time in this room but I actually don't sit in the window that much. The couch is fine for me. 



And here is the couch....



I hope everyone has something great to read this weekend. 



Happy Friday!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment