Thursday, December 12, 2013

Reflections

There are a few ways to photograph reflections, some easier than others. You can find reflections in water, mirrors and shiny objects like glass or metal. There is another contest and guess what...the subject is reflections. For me contests are a good way to keep shooting, keep learning, try new things and get some feedback on my shots. I still feel like a beginner with a thousand questions.

This is the reflection in a hood of a shiny black car in Chinatown during the Mid Autumn Festival. You can tell its a car by looking at the top right corner of the photo I left a bit of the street in the shot. 

This is at the Botanic Gardens in Copenhagen. Not a perfect water reflection but close.

Gardens by the Bay Singapore during the Mid Autumn Festival. There were dozens of photographers lined up next to me to take this shot. In the photo are the super trees that now have more plants growing up the trunks. I think they want them to have full coverage of plants. The flower dome and cloud forest dome is also in the background.

I loved this building with a cool reflection in NYC.

Lau Pa Sat (orange tiled roof with a small white clock tower) reflection in the Asia Square building. LPS is a hawker center across from our condo in Singapore. I was on the 8th floor (pool level) walking around looking for good reflections since we are right in downtown, found this one. 


Watering the lawn at One Shenton. Hard to believe they need to water it since it rains so frequently.

Cruise ship in the Asia Square building. Nice blue sky.

These stools made a good reflection on a polished tile floor.

Flower in a mirror.

Art Science Museum at Marina Bay Sands has a nice lotus pond in front. There are always people sitting there enjoying the day. The reflection is of the museum itself that is shaped like a lotus flower. I was just there last week to see the Karl Lagerfeld Little Black Jacket photography exhibit, it was great!

Same lotus pond.

City skyline in the Marina Bay Financial building. 

Another skyline in one of the financial buildings. I am surprised they didn't call security on me as I was so close to the glass taking photos. Glad they didn't!

Apple in spoon. I wanted to use a spoon for reflections, however, this is harder than it looks. You have to get the angle just right, lighting just right, background, polish the spoon, no flash, etc. But I am happy with how it turned out. Bonus - got to include this bowl I just bought, I love it!

This is my favorite! Spoon on a newspaper. This was also not exactly easy. I think I spent an hour shooting spoons, trying different angles, different backgrounds and reflections AND I thought it was fun. I guess I must be transforming into a photographer or something. ;)


Happy Friday!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment