Thursday, March 20, 2014

National Orchid Garden at the Singapore Botanic Gardens

I went to the National Orchid Garden a while back and I just realized I didn't share very many photos from my tour of the garden. It is a beautiful place to see if you have the time to take a stroll. I will try to make it back again soon. I don't feel like I did such a great job of getting super good orchid photos and I have no photos of a larger view of the gardens. A few managed to make it onto my flower wall so it wasn't a total bust either :)

The background is a little busy and the orchids are all so close in color it almost looks like one giant flower. Some of the petals are backlit and I like the water drops.

Too many all jumbled in. Hard to see the main subject. Nice blurred background and beautiful colors. Wonder if I blur the entire photo....

Not sure if I'm in love with it. I cropped the photo a bit, used a vignette filter and a glamour glow filter. Eh...I like the next photos much more!

Gorgeous! One single full bloom with partial blooms extending the color from corner to corner. Nice blurred background keeps the focus on the main subject.

Beautiful tiny pink flowers with a nice blurred background.

Background isn't blurred but it isn't so distracting either. Nice colors.

This is why I want to go back to the National Orchid Garden. I think when there is one flower it is easy for me to get a good photo. When there is a bunch of flowers together it is more difficult to get a good shot. I'd like to work on that a bit. I like the flower in the center but the background is so distracting you can't really see it. I didn't realize orchids grew in plants that are the size of bushes or small trees, wow!

See, one flower, nice clean photo. I love this one with the flower bud and a nice clean background. Top left corner needs to be photo shopped out, there is a spot of white...bugs me a bit.

Gorgeous and just a bit off center, so dramatic, lol.

One of my favorites, it made it onto my flower wall in the guest bedroom.

Love love love this one. The petals are just so beautiful.

Extreme close up of an orchid, doesn't it look like a little alien? I see the face, two arms....lol!

I think I posted a waterfall photo but not sure if it was this one or another one, there are a few water features at the garden.

Egret statues in the water fountain at the entrance of the National Orchid Garden.

Happy Friday!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment