Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Fullerton Hotel and Cavenagh Bridge

I have read several historic fiction novels based in Singapore since moving here. "Tanamera", and "A Different Sky" are my favorites. Sometimes when I walk around town I remember the story lines in the books. Sort of makes me wish I had bought the books on my Kindle because then I could just search for the words "Cavenagh Bridge" and find references so quickly. This bridge is one place that will bring the books to life. It is the oldest bridge in Singapore that is still in its original form. It is a suspension bridge and opened in 1870. In 1910 it became a pedestrian bridge when the traffic became to much for it and the Anderson Bridge opened just down the river.


Silhouette of the bridge at sunset.

Slow shutter speed to collect more light at night and to show movement in the people walking by, stillness with the couple sitting and the buildings. 


Silhouette and fish eye effect on the sign.

The Cavenagh Bridge and the Singapore River.

Walking across the bridge, maybe to have dinner at Boat Quay.

The other side of the bridge has a few museums and is a nice area to walk around with all of the trees providing shade.

The Fullerton Hotel. The northern end of the hotel was built in 1829 and was the former Fort Fullerton, becoming the General Post Office and Exchange building in 1874.The Fullerton Hotel is now a luxury five star hotel. The boat is part of the Singapore River Tours and you can take it to various locations.

A side of the Fullerton at dusk.



 What I did for this photo was set a long exposure of of 20 seconds and every 5 seconds reduce the zoom. Makes an interesting effect.

 Here I am standing on the Cavenagh Bridge and the Anderson Bridge and city lights are in the background. The lights in the water that sort of resemble laser lights are from a boat going by. When shooting long exposure it has this effect on moving light.

Happy Friday!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment