Thursday, August 21, 2014

Singapore National Stadium

I went on a couple of walks this week and last hoping to get good photos and they were all terrible. So yesterday I did it again and I'm not too impressed but I have a few that I can share. Sometimes photography is more frustrating than fun! Ugh.

Here is the new Singapore National Stadium. There were guys on the roof doing some maintenance. 


I hope they are careful! 

The lines are cool. This is standing under the first part of the dome, almost to the seating area. No  games today, maintenance and maybe some audio testing? Loud music on and off but no one inside the arena that I could see.



Last weekend we won tickets to a football game, Singapore Selection vs. Juventus Football Club. I didn't even realize we entered a contest! I got a phone call that we were winners, automatically entered to win by purchasing Gilette products from RedMart. We had never seen a football game before and we wanted to check out the new stadium so we went and had a great time! I really enjoyed it but it was sort of sad to see Singapore lose 0-5. Wow, what a beating. It was one of those pre-season games that doesn't count and is supposed to be a friendly game.

We won pretty good seats and there was a good turn out for the game. I was afraid I would sweat thru my clothes sitting in the stadium for so long but it was covered and it was sort of cool and nice. Pleasantly surprised!

Game selfie!
I didn't bring my Nikon to the game. I thought about it but I didn't really know what to expect. We planned on going to check it out, not knowing if it would be fun or not. Ended up having a great time. The three photos above were taken with my iphone. Went back yesterday to get some more shots for the blog.

I took this shot standing on the level 3 outdoor balcony of the stadium looking down at the beach volleyball court and the river. Great view! The Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer is in the background. The two giant building complexes that are more white with orange tile roofs are condos. This is part of our weekend long run course. We go from our place to here and back all along park connectors with a bit of sidewalks by the road but not much. I think I'll show more of our running course on the next blog. Might be cool to document it for the future. I'm still amazed I can do it at all :)

Can't go too far in Singapore without seeing a mall! This is a great mall at the Sports Hub with a giant indoor rock climbing wall, grocery store and loads of clothing stores.

Singapore Indoor Stadium is in the Sports Hub also. The Singapore Slingers (basketball) play there, also netball teams and concerts.

The view of the Sports Hub from the other side of the river, near the condos. The pointy structure by the flags is a pedestrian bridge linking the residents easily to the Sports Hub, mall and train. In Singapore it is not uncommon to have a grocery store or two inside the malls. 

Better shot of the bridge.

And just opposite the bridge are the condos. A lot of families and dog owners live here. Plenty of space to play, ride bikes, walk dogs, etc. 

That's it for today. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Happy Friday!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment